Friday, August 23, 2013

Savor the Simple Things!

The smell of a freshly mown lawn.  A Meadowlark’s call on a sunny Saturday morning.  A big bag of cotton candy from the county fair.  These small things make my heart swell with happiness.  The bulk of our lives are filled with little moments, so if we can grab onto the good ones, I think we’ll find lots of contentment.

It’s been a busy week, so I thought I would share with you some of the things that make me happy.  I hope that they bring you some joy as well!

·         I love iced tea.  This tip comes from my fabulous mom:  Replace the regular tea bags you use to make iced tea with vanilla tea bags.  Trust me, you will love it!

·         Have some crayons lying around?  I dare you to spend 10 minutes coloring and not love it!  Ahhhh childhood.  We shouldn’t give it up so easily.

·         “On Golden Pond.”  Rent it.  You’ll fall in love with your spouse all over.

·         Check out this video about Sparky the Corgi on YouTube:  http://youtu.be/yD3yVwC0fjg        A) It will illustrate why Welsh Corgis are the best dogs ever.  B) No matter your mood, it will be improved.  I promise. 

·         Peanut butter spread thinly onto a warm flour tortilla and then rolled up makes for a wonderful snack….or dinner, depending on how much energy you have left after a long work day.

·         Take a walk with no technology in hand.  Skip your awesome MP3 playlist and just listen to nature do her thing.

·         Commit your favorite Bible verse or line of poetry or quote to memory.  There’s something so satisfactory about being able to pull out that passage or quote whenever you need it.

·         I swear that organizing my desk at work each night before I go home makes the morning so much better.  I used to scoff at the concept of Feng Shui, but I was wrong.  Feng Shui is legit (and difficult to spell)!

·         A five-minute heart-to-heart talk with your mom, dad, grandparent, or best friend is simply balm to the soul.

Okay gang, now add yours to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment