Friday, January 4, 2013

Living in the Light

Hello friends!

I have been thinking a lot about light these days.  This world can be pretty dark sometimes (not all the time...I try not to be a cynic!), and I have felt like the cares of the world have been weighing me down for a long time.  So, I have endeavored to study light and practice being light in darkness.  I went to the Bible Gateway online and did a search for the word "light."  There were countless references relating to light.  And then it occured to me (duh) that the FIRST thing God created was light. 

Here's a passage that inspires me on this quest for light, from Psalm 18:28-30.
"For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.  For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.  This God—his way is perfect;  the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

And so, my friends, I would like to ask you a question:  In what ways do you try to live with light in your daily life?  It could be something small, like volunteering at your favorite organization, or something big, like adopting a child who needs a loving family.  I anxiously await your ideas!

2 comments:

  1. As a medical receptionist, a smile to someone who is not feeling well; and as a sub a hug to a child who did not get one that morning. As a mom, to pray and listen with my children; and as a spouse to pray for his safety while in the line of duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! It's usually the smallest things that can bring the most comfort. And praying? That's the BIGGEST thing you can do for someone...to bring them before God's throne of grace. Cool!

    ReplyDelete