Friday, January 25, 2013

Embrace Your Inner Nerd!

I've decided that I'm happiest when I am just me, in all my glory, with all my nerdiness hanging out for the world to see.  The more I follow my inner nerd, the more comfortable I feel in my own skin.  I've always been pretty self-conscious and worried about what others think about me, and I think that concern has kept me from being more of a light to those around me.  Those people who are bold or brave or willing to be in the spotlight...I've always kind of been envious of them.  You know the type:  They mug for the camera, hit the dance floor first, sing karaoke willingly (without being dragged up on the stage).  I wish I had more of that in me, but I don't.  It's just not who I am.  But I am finding ways to fly my nerd flag without worrying about what others think.  Just this morning I was singing my heart out to the car radio, and even though I got stopped at the red light, with cars all around me, I just kept singing.  I felt like this was kind of a little victory.  And sometimes the little victories feel the best.

Let your inner nerd out, my friends!  I wish I had learned that much, much earlier.  But it's never too late to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment